When "just trust Jesus" won't cut it
Contemporary Apologetics Course 2011:
Thursday evenings, Jan. 13-March 17
Ever feel stuck when trying to explain your beliefs? Wonder what to do when something on TV or in a movie just doesn't ring true, but you can't pinpoint why? Or do you simply want to bolster confidence in your Christian worldview? Even working toward a theology degree?
Many believers--even those from good churches--have no idea how captive they are to the culture. Even theologically well–taught believers can lack the tools to discern well in a complicated and confusing world of competing truth claims, world religions, negation of the Bible and materialist–hijacked science.
In this course, you'll be exposed to foundational truth in these areas:
- The Self Revealing God
- The Authority of the Bible
- The Resurrection
- Christ's Deity
- Miracles and Pluralism
- The Problem of Evil
- Religion and Science and
- Bioethics and the Environment
Three Ways to Fit Your Interest Level:
- Non-Credit—sit in on a seminary class taught by experts in making the complicated plain, but without the assignments
- Certificate—take the class for non-credit and complete a certain percentage of assignments to earn a Probe certificate!
- Seminary Credit—fully participate in all assignments and receive 2 hours credit through Dallas Theological Seminary!
Held in the Hope Center, Plano, Texas.
Details, syllabus and registration information here.